Problem: Vista64 .. VP 1.60 will not work and not communicate with the Triton
Solution: It is the drivers and the installation of VP 1.60 combined which cause the problem coupled with a double install of the VP.
This is a two step process:
0) Remove Your SD card.
1) Turn on the GPS and do a MENU>>VIEW>>SETTINGS>>MEMORY and first CLEAR THE MEMORY AND THEN DO A RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULTS.
2) Do a MENU>>VIEW>>TRACKS and erase all tracks.
3) Now connect the GPS to the computer and make sure that VP, Magellan TOPO EXPLORER, ACCUTERRA AND NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC TOPO! IS NOT RUNNING.
4) Turn on the GPS
5) Open your Device Manager and make sure that you see a PORT COM and that it has no conflicts.
6) Go to the Jungle Ghost website and download the latest FORCED UPDATE for your GPS.
7) Now unzip the file and run the .exe file and install the latest update. Remember that VP and all other program are not running.
This should complete step one
Step Two is to uninstall and repair VP
1) Log in as the Administrator
2) Make sure that the UAC is ON and the GPS is NOT ATTACHED.
3) Uninstall the current Vantage Point
4) Do a hard reboot. That is to complete shut down the computer and have Resume disengaged.
5) Find the c:\program files\Magellan\VantagePoint folder and completely delete it and all its subdirectories.
6) Find the C:\magellandrivers folder and completely delete it.
7) Do a hard reboot again.
8) Download from my website the file MVP160.exe
9) Install the MVP1.60
10) If the VP asks you to install "unsigned" or "non-published" device drivers say "YES".
11) Do a hard reboot of your computer.
12) Go to the VP LITE ICON at the bottom right of your screen. Right click on it and uncheck "start to boot up" command and then exit.
13) Do another hard reboot of your computer.
14) Now start VP and it should run.
15) Now connect your GPS and turn it on and it should communicate with the VP 1.60
This completes step two and you should be operational.